As of December 31, 2019, Kirsch’s Outdoor Products discontinued producing the TRAX series of Garmin GPS maps. In addition, there are no plans at this time to release any additional updates for any TRAX maps. The TRAX version 19 (2019) is the final update available. The version number is listed inside the front cover of your memory card case (bottom of disclaimer on left side).
Here are your options:
TRAX Update: If you have a TRAX version prior to 2019 and wish to update your maps to the 2019 version, follow these instructions.
- Place the map back in the plastic memory card holder
- Place the product in a bubble mailer
- Include a check made out to Kirsch’s Outdoor Products for $20 ($21.50 for ND residents) for a single state or $40 ($43 for ND residents) for TRAXWest or TRAXNW
- Include your return address in the package
- Mail the product to: Kirsch’s Outdoor Products, 7915 Aquarius Drive, Fargo, ND 58104 (In approximately 10 business days, the product will be back in your mailbox.)
- onXMap: The closest option to a TRAX map is an onX map. We have worked out special pricing for existing TRAX customers. If you wish to continue using GPS hunting maps, the 2nd option listed below will be the best option. These options are scheduled to expire on 1/1/2021.
Membership Option: TRAX customers can purchase an onX Premium (1-state) or Elite (50-state) membership for 20% off the first year by using the following link and then using the promo code ‘TRAX20’ at checkout . This promotion ends on 1/1/2021.
Membership Option + GPS Chip: Contact customer service at 406-540-1600 on M-F from 9AM-4PM MST and mention you are a previous TRAX customer to receive special pricing. There will not be a TRAXWest or Regional option, but individual state chips can still be purchased along with the Membership Option at reduced pricing. This promotion ends on 1/1/2021.
TRAX Maps do not have an expiration date, so you are welcome to use the maps for as long as you deem them helpful. Please keep in mind public and private land ownership information, hunting boundaries, and other information on the TRAX maps are always changing, so please be careful with the usage of your hunting map. It has been a pleasure and honor to help make your outdoor adventures a reality for the past 13 years. God Bless You!
Kirsch’s Outdoor Products